(The Filipino chicken curry dish is an excellent recipe for anyone awaiting guests for dinner or for anyone looking to bring a new, unique flavor of food into their home. Remember that you can easily spice up the recipe by adding a few of your own favorite vegetables, spices and herbs to the mix. Some excellent additives to try are hot peppers, pineapple, cilantro or yellow peppers.)
2 tbsp of vegetable oil
3 potatoes peeled and cut into small cubes. (fry after)
1 pound of chicken (cut into bite sized pieces)
3 garlic cloves
1 tbsp of patis
3 tbsp of curry powder
1 cup of water
1 red pepper cut into small squares
1 green pepper cut into small squares
3 celery stalks, cut into bite sized pieces
1 cup of coconut milk or evaporated milk, depending on your preference
Step by Step Directions
1. Pan fry the potatoes and set them off to the side until they are needed.
2. Using the same pan as the potatoes, fry your chicken until it is lightly browned.
3. Add the garlic and onion to your frying pan and stir fry until they are soft.
4. Slowly pour in the patis and sprinkly curry powder, salt and pepper for seasoning.
5. Add 1 cup of water to the pan.
6. Cover the pan and bring your ingrediants to a boil. Once the water has started to boil, reduce the heat to low before adding in your celery, pepper and fried potatoes.
7. Simmer for 3 minutes before serving the chicken curry to your guests. This allows everything to mix together and soften to the correct texture.